Postby Mariah94 » Fri May 30, 2014 4:20 am

Hi everybody. This is my first post to the forum. I bought my boyfriend a Pinstripe BP last week for his birthday. We had been discussing adding a snake to the household for a while, and although I was nervous about it, Diablo has truly found a place in my heart.

We have him currently in a 20L enclosure, we read a few glass tank threads and went off of those ideas. We have two heat pads, the "cool" hide is 80, warm hide 90, and ambient is 75-78. Humidity has caused minor issues, but now we have it at 51% with a moist hide added in the tank. We plan on trying the plexiglass trick to fix the humidity.

(Please excuse the Cactus sign, haven't taken that off yet lol)

We have the hot UTH on a thermostat, but the thermostat we have to set a few degrees higher in order to get it to 90 in the hide, the cool hide is on a dimmer (and soon a thermostat) and the CHE is on a dimmer as well. We have an infared gun to monitor temps all over the enclosure.

Diablo is about 2-3 months old, he had a fecal done which came back clean, and he sees the vet tomorrow for his first checkup. In addition to our BP, we have three spoiled beardies and two Leo's.

ImageImage
Diablo ate on the first offering with us on Wednesday. He wouldn't even look at a rat pup so we offered a mouse. Next week we will try scenting the rat pup so he can be converted. Any suggestions are welcome :) thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mariah94

Postby Velrys » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Hey Mariah seems like you guys are all set up!

The only thing i would say (and maybe its too late) is dont worry about a "cool side" UTH and all that. The ambient is just fine and unless you eventually deal with gravid females your BP is going to be fine with 90 year round. Though if you find that Diablo doesnt like eating as much in the winter i would drop the heat down to 83ish.

Looks like you really did your research, Awesome!
Velrys

Postby Klagid89 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Everything sounds fine and dandy. You can lose the UTH for the cold side because it is not necessary and you will save some money on your electrical bill. Your snake looks beautiful!!
Klagid89

Postby PhisatotPor » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:17 am

Crow2016 Live Free or Die Hard 2007 HD ????? ????? 7.2 Beauty Russian Teen Blonde Willa Nice Hard Anal Fuck.avi Omerta: City of Gangsters Coolutils Total Excel Converter 5 1 222 + Serial Key zip Line Walker (2016)
The Fabulous 50's
Battlestar Galactica S04E04 Escape Velocity HDTV XviD-FQM

Phobia 2013 HD ????? ????? 3.5
Advanced Unity 2D Platformer Player Movement
50469_01_big mp4
The Future of an Illusion [Great Ideas] by Sigmund Freud epub
[????] ???? ???? ???? 161117

Udo Lindenberg
Vampires (1998)

Blut auf seidener Haut (1994)
Made In Chelsea S12E06 HDTV x264-TVC - [SRIGGA]
Laura Pausini Laura Navidad (2016) YG 320 Kbps [Isohunt.to]