Postby Lark1982 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:10 am

Hello, My name is Jess. I am a currently obtaining my B.Sin Wildlife Biology at UCM. I dont currently have any snakes but am looking to get one soon as a gift to my self for completing my 1st semester with high grades. I am looking at a Bumble bee (male). If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful.
Lark1982

Postby Daniel1232 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:01 am

Any ball python would be a great choice. Deserts are a no go for a first time cos they somehow are a bit snappy. And any spider morph is off the cards if the head wobble is going to make you worry to no end. Quick tips, you have to get the mouse or rat temperature right when feefing otherwise they will seem uninterested or take the food and then leave it after a minute. Feeding with tongs is the best possible option. They need a semi humid environment, at least 28 degrees celcius (convert to farenheit) and a nice hideaway. That rule of handling a snake fifteen minutes every second day is utter bull, it depends on the snake, if they seem stressed (heaving and not moving much) leave them be, if not, dont be afraid to handle them. Always be gentle and avoid fast movements especially around their head. And support their weight when handling them to make them feel comfortable. Dont get a big fright when they pull their heads back, they are very shy snakes, just handle them with care and theyll get used to you in no time. Enjoy, youre getting the best pet snake there is to have :)
1.1 Normal het Axanthic
0.1 Cinnamon
0.1 Pastel
1.0 Butter
Daniel1232

Return to Introductions