Postby stefie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:06 pm

hey guys

I am extremely new to anything that is snake...have only had my baby ball python 5days (hes so awesome) and his last feeding was on the 30th. He has only ever gotten live mice but i would like to start that he gets frozen/defrosted mice....i have offered him one last night, he showed interest and hovered over it for a bit but then lost interest! i put it in his "cave" in hope he will eventually think ooh yum and munch it but instead he has curled up and is cuddling the mouse....does anyone have a trick to get him to eat it or should i rather stick with live for now? i know ball pythons are fussy eaters and can be difficult to feed but i dont want my child to starve ha ha

so does anyone have any tricks? :eek:
stefie

Postby Southwestreptilebreader » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Start with prekilled dont jump to F/T buy a live mouse the day you are going to feed and either you or the person you bought it from kill it and then try feeding it. Also you said you ave just got him he may a little,stressed from his new home wait a week before trying again.
\m/ Raise the horns for BP's \m/
Southwestreptilebreader

Postby stefie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:35 pm

ok cool i will try that... thought i would try feed him after he showed interest in my fingers ha ha. He is actually doing beautifully considering he has only been with me for so short...thought he would be more stressed and have to leave him for a week, but after a day he was checking everything out, he happily slithers up and down my arms...allows me to turn him around...stretches straight out and tries to slither up to my face for kisses (looks like) he has a very soft and gentle nature! he allowed me to measure him and weigh him with no issues at all. :)
stefie

Postby lovenormalballpythons » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 am

I also suggest waiting a week or 2 before feeding him or wait until he is comfortable. Until he is not comfy he will not eat. Wait a while before switching to live.
lovenormalballpythons

Return to Suggestions and Feedback